I love YouTube and would rather watch videos than TV any day. I do watch more YouTube than telly, save for the news! It wouldn’t surprise you then that a lot of my mum-related research has led me to YouTube videos. As I’ve said before, I had lots of time on my hands during pregnancy to do research into a variety of mum and baby topics. I was already subscribed to many mums but I found a ton more. A TON! I won’t bore you with all of them though. These are my top five.
My favourite five YouTube Mommies
- Emily Norris – Emily has three lovely boys with her husband. Canadian by birth, she lives in England and makes videos mainly about keeping house and raising children and has some daily vlogs sprinkled in there too. She always has amazing tips for moms. Some of my favourite uploads of hers are the ones on mommy hacks for cleaning, tidying and quick snacks for kids.
- ItsJudyslife – I’ve been watching Judy since before the birth of her first daughter! It’s been incredible to watch her family grow and they now have four beautiful children. I admire them for keeping up with their daily vlogs for so long. That’s dedication. They deserve everything they’ve achieved for their hard work. I got to loving their channel years ago not only because of her daily pregnancy updates that were intriguing to me back then but also because of her great husband who pays attention to healthy eating and makes some pretty awesome smoothies!
- Latoyaslife – This Toronto turned Atlanta vlogger has changed her content quite a bit from when I first found her channel online. It used to be rather drama-filled but now shows a comparatively calm LaToya. She has a large but very tightly knit extended family still in Canada and I loved seeing her entire family together. Start from her very first vlog where she found out she was preggers with her first, Samia.
- TheEllises – Khadeen Ellis has such a beautiful family. As the only female, she does an awesome job of making juggling her marriage and three little boys look so easy! She also does a good job of making it clear that she’s not perfect, which is always refreshing in these inauthentic social media times. Herself and her husband Devale also have a podcast where they speak about various life related issues – check it out. They’re always funny to watch and listen to. One word I’d always use for them is “relatable”. Khadeen is definitely one of my top 5 mums on YouTube.
- SisiYemmieTV – She’s the definition of down-to-earth. I love how clear and honest she is about everything. Sisi Yemmie is currently a mum of two based in Nigeria. As a West African mum, I wish there were more African mums on YouTube like her. West African women who show you what’s really going on in their daily lives without any airs. If you’d like to get a glimpse of Lagos and a nice, normal family in Nigeria, you’ll enjoy her channel. She is a fantastic chef too and you can find great recipes on her channel.
If you look any of them up for the first time and enjoy them, let me know below and I’ll share some more.
Who are some of your favourite YouTube mums?