Speaking blessings over your child is a practice that you need to cultivate as it may not come naturally. Speaking life over your child is necessary and more valuable to them than any amount of wealth you can pass on to them. Praying over and for them is a great way to start but your verbal blessings should flow in your everyday speech to and about your children. We will look at some awesome declarations to speak over your child.
What does it mean to speak life over someone?
Speaking life into or about someone means that you are breathing love, growth, healing and any other positive elements that person needs into their spirit using your words or the Word of God. When your thoughts are aligned with God’s Word, you will have words that agree with God’s Word more often than not. In that way, when you speak to someone about their situation, you are most likely going to be speaking life into them.
Declarations to speak over your child are important but remember that you should also be speaking life into yourself.
What does God say about speaking life?
God has said that He would like us to be gentle with our tongues – “A gentle tongue is a tree of life” (Proverbs 15:4). He has made it clear that our words are very important and could be the difference between life and death (Proverbs 18:21). Using our words wrongly can break the spirit (death). According to God, speaking life by using our words correctly can positively impact our physical bodies (Proverbs 16:24).
You want to be the kind of parent who speaks life into your children. Children also learn by example. Let them hear you be positive and encouraging of other people and of yourself as well and from that, they will learn how to speak to others and to themselves.
13 Phrases to use in speaking life over your child(ren)
- You are so precious and so loved by me but more importantly, by God. He would do anything for you. (Isaiah 43:4)
- May the grace and love of God and the anointing of the Holy Spirit remain with you. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- The one thing you can always be sure of is God’s great love for you. (Romans 5:8)
- God will keep you strong and protect you from any evil. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- You are good and perfect because you are a gift from God. (James 1:17)
- You should always be confident and fearless because God is always with you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- You are strong because God gives you strength. (Ephesians 6:10)
- You have everything you need because God has made it all available to you. (Luke 12:32)
- Rely completely on God and He will direct you and show you exactly where He needs you to go and what He needs you to do. He will establish your steps. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- You are never alone in anything you do. (Psalm 121:8)
- You were created by God to do great things. He made you in such a way that you are equipped with everything you need to be amazing. (Ephesians 2:10)
- You are brave, confident, loving, disiplined and wise. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- You are blessed because you trust in God and your confidence is in Him. (Jeremiah 17:7)
READ: 27 Powerful and Comforting Bible Verses for Pregnancy. Know anyone who is going through a difficult pregnancy? These verses will provide courage and comfort.
Listen to your children speak about themselves and about others and be quick to stop negative speech before it develops any further. Counter their words with life-giving words and remind them of who they are.
Start to speak blessings over your child’s life frequently and it will become a normal part of your communication with your child.
That is what you want.