If you’re anything like me, shopping for gifts for people can be a painful process. I tend to overthink things when it comes to gift buying. That’s because I want to make sure I’m getting something that the person definitely needs or will absolutely appreciate. This is the right thing to have in mind. That is why this In-Law Christmas Gift Guide is just what you need.
However, sometimes letting go and hoping they know it’s the thought that counts is what really matters. Christmas is the time of year that I need to remind myself of that the most. I’m always looking out for some sort of Christmas gift guide to make things easier. I’ve found it especially tricky to find a lot on In-law Christmas gift guides. If you’ve had this difficulty too, this one’s for you!
Holiday gifts are fun but Christmas day gifts are extra special. I have personally only gone down the music, cosmetic/perfumery and baked goods road with my in-laws. However, I’ve always been interested to see what other people think up. Of course, these things get easier the longer you’ve known a person and the better you know them. So take heart! Hopefully it shouldn’t be too tough later in the future!
I asked for suggestions from some mom friends and asked Mr. Google too.
Below is a list of good Christmas gift ideas that are likely to go down well with your in-laws.
You’re sure to score on at least one thing here regardless of your budget! A lot of these gifts will even work for in-laws who seem to have everything.
Click on item names and photos to see purchasing options.
Disclaimer: At no additional cost to you, I may get a small commission for purchases made through links within this page.
2. Budget-friendly marbled nail polish mugs via Strength & Sunshine. This is such a thoughtful gift. It’s suitable for both men and women. Therefore you can gift it to both your mother and father in law.
3. A mini fridge
4. DIY Candles – find two guides here and here. They’re the perfect gift for your parents-in-law if you’re thinking of something for their home. Find some scents like vanilla and lavender that are not too overpowering.
5. Gratitude Journals – find the one that I use HERE
6. Travel coffee maker
If you can find some uncommon goods that are difficult to find where your in-laws live, for example, it makes it even more special.
8. Sugar-free homemade white chocolate. Click through the link to see how to make vegan chocolates as gifts for your in-laws. This is a sweet as it’s got the personal touch. It’s also literally sweet to taste!
9. Air Fryer – Recipe This recommends the Philips’ brand!
11. Coach satchel bag
If you can afford a higher price tag, a fancy hand bag like this is good value for the well-placed zipped compartments and amazing design. Go through THIS LINK to sign up with Coach and get 10% off your first purchase.
Your mom-in-law and sister-in-law will always appreciate anything that smells good. So will your father-in-law and brother-in-law. Special fragrances make awesome gifts for any in-law.
This is one of those great Christmas presents for your mother-in-law that will always work . Really, which woman doesn’t like a luxurious moisturiser that doesn’t have an overpowering scent?
15. Framed family photos
This is a special one that works even if you’re on a budget. On the same note, creating a photo book is also a cost-effective but very thoughtful idea. It’s a great gift that shows that you put in some effort.
16. Bath bomb cubes
Your in-laws will love the idea of you taking time to make these cute bath bombs for them.
17. DIY Christmas potpurri in a jar (pictured below)
18. DIY Etched glasses. Find a guide HERE.
19. Shelley from Taming Frenzy suggests an electric footwarmer. That’s something anyone would appreciate as an In-Law Christmas gift around the holidays!
20. Three bean chili mix bean jar
Angela from Marathons & Motivations has the ingredients laid out HERE (photo below)
This is one of the best gifts for in-laws particularly if you do not know them very well yet. It shows that you put some effort into it. It’s also not too personal but something that they can enjoy. It also works if they’ve got certain dietary restrictions.
24. Easy tote bag. Find the super straightforward sewing tutorial HERE
25. Flossie’s DIY Spa treatment
27. Ferrero Rocher Decorative Pyramid
28. A Grooming Kit for a gentleman. Get a good quality one like this and it’s always a winner with the men in your family!
29. A dash cam
31. Outdoor security camera
34. Mother-in-law cushion cover
This in-law Christmas gift idea is so sweet. A cute burlap cushion cover with a message specifically for your mother-in-law. I love the idea of it because it’s fairly uncommon and will fit into almost any home decor. It’s extra special if your mother-in-law knows you mean the words on it.
35. Funny Coffee Mug
Inject some humour into your Christmas morning with this funny in-law gift. This coffee mug will give your sister-in-law a little giggle every time she uses it.
36. Smart Temperature Control Mug
If you’re feeling very generous, this is such a cool gift! It’s seasonal, of course, as it’s got your hot drinks covered during these chilly days but it’s also great if the person you’re getting it for is a big coffee or tea drinker all-year round. It is a battery and bluetooth operated temperature control smart mug. It’s one that everyone will appreciate both for its novelty and its usefulness.
37. For that first time or new mommy, you can get her something really unique that will absolutely be within your budget. This could be your sister-in-law or even your husband’s cousin who has just had a baby or is about to have a baby. Arm her with Kin Unplugged’s affordable new mommy bundle which will provide her with interesting and thoughtful ways to experience her life as mom each day.
Depending on how big your budget is, you could also put two of these gifts together to make a gift set for your in-law.
It’s not easy to settle on a gift when you’re not certain your in-law will love it. When all else fails, a gift card is your best bet! Just remember that an actual gift for your in-law shows that you put some effort into it. Go back over that list and see if there’s anything you may have missed!
What interesting or unique gift ideas have you had that were a hit with your in-laws?